Passionate, sexy, fun, sports romance
She’s about to make a deal with the college bad boy…
Hannah Wells has finally found someone who turns her on. But while she might be confident in every other area of her life, she’s carting around a full set of baggage when it comes to sex and seduction. If she wants to get her crush’s attention, she’ll have to step out of her comfort zone and make him take notice…even if it means tutoring the annoying, childish, cocky captain of the hockey team in exchange for a pretend date.
…and it’s going to be oh so good
All Garrett Graham has ever wanted is to play professional hockey after graduation, but his plummeting GPA is threatening everything he’s worked so hard for. If helping a sarcastic brunette make another guy jealous will help him secure his position on the team, he’s all for it. But when one unexpected kiss leads to the wildest sex of both their lives, it doesn’t take long for Garrett to realize that pretend isn’t going to cut it. Now he just has to convince Hannah that the man she wants looks a lot like him.
First of all, why didn’t I up pick up this book SOONER!? I totally devoured it!
Here are my five reasons you need to read The Deal because if the cover doesn’t already do it for you then maybe a little word encouragement will.
- Hannah Wells: This girl is hilarious! Hannah is smart, talented, quirky, tough, a total smart ass but she has a heart of gold. She has the quickest comebacks I’ve ever read and I love how she is not afraid to dish it out to anyone who crosses her. Hannah is such a strong main character, mainly because of her personality but also because of the secret she carries around with her, which you find out right from the beginning. It’s the kind of secret that grabs your attention from the start and immediately connects you to her.
“Just out of curiosity,” she says, “after you wake up in the morning, do you admire yourself in the mirror for one hour or two?”
“Two,” I reply cheerfully.
“Do you high five yourself?”
“Of course not.” I smirk. “I kiss each of my biceps and then point to the ceiling and thank the big man upstairs for creating such a perfect male specimen.”
- Garrett Graham: Meet my new book boyfriend everyone! Garrett Graham is a sexy, cocky, funny, caveman, hockey player. He gets so much ass, he doesn’t even know what to do with it all anymore. He’s total anti-girlfriend and striving for his one goal in life, becoming pro. That is if he can keep up his GPA, but he’s super smart which totally adds to my liking of him. And if that doesn’t do it, the fact that he is maybe one of the biggest sweethearts ever with a rockstar body might just make me love him even more!
- Romance: Hannah and Garrett are great by themselves but when they are together it’s amazing. If Hannah doesn’t tutor Garrett then his coach is going to bench him. And hannah needs Garrett so she can make a guy want her, to help out with her own problems she’s having. They create this funky, cute, hilarious friendship that anyone who has read this I’m sure has envied. It’s the type of friendship everyone would want, but then they fall for each other in the sweetest way possible. There was no insta-love, no annoyingness. It was just the most adorable friendship turned into the most meaningful relationship and super hot sex!
“She tries to take a step down the hall, but I tug on her hand and kiss her again, and this time it’s not a peck. I kiss her hard, losing myself in her taste and her heat and every damn thing about her. I never expected her. Sometimes people sneak up on you and suddenly you don’t know how you ever lived without them.”
- Deep Topics: As much as this book was funny and light, it also had a deeper feeling to it and I admire that so much. I love when an Author can create something like that. This book has deep topics that are thrown into it, I don’t want to go into too much detail because I don’t want to spoil anything. It just makes the book that much more amazing though, and it was so well put together! So don’t let G’s juicy abs fool you 😉 This book gives you more than just lustful feels.
- Hockey: I love hockey! It’s such a fun sport to watch and it’s even more intense to be at an actual game. More than that though, I love Hockey players! Yes they are sexy as all get out but there’s something about a group of hockey players that is just so fun! They are entertaining, and cocky, and funny as hell. My boyfriend played hockey his whole life and he still has everything to do with it so I’m around it 24/7. It’s so refreshing to know he’s not the only hot head out there! lol, sports romances are the best and Elle Kennedy nailed it with a hockey series!
“Penises! Sweet Jesus. Penises everywhere”
I adored Garrett and Hannah’s story and I am so excited to read all about Garrett’s cavemen hockey friends in the rest of the Off-Campus series! If you haven’t started this series yet then you really should, I’m so mad I waited this long! I bought The Deal in paperback because of G’s abs and I was planning on getting the whole series in paperback also but now I feel like I can’t wait (even for two-day Amazon shipping!) and I need to read The Mistake right away! Maybe I’ll just have to get both 😉