A couple days ago I won the cutest giveaway in the world from Kim Holden! You had to put down your favorite recipe and she would pick the winner. I chose my cheesy potatoes recipe. Now I could eat cheesy potatoes all day everyday if I could and I make this wonderful dish every Christmas and Thanksgiving so it’s kind of like a tradition and they are so good and extra creamy.
Well Kim picked my recipe and I won! I could have never expected how cute this giveaway was in person though. First I won a signed copy of Kim Holden’s newest book, So Much More, which happens to be on my TBR list for this month (double score). This is so exciting to me! I have a feeling I am going to love this book and I cannot wait to read it, and have this treasure forever 🙂
Next it got even cuter, I won an adorable apron that is the cutest thing I have ever seen. I can’t wait to wear it every holiday while I make my potatoes!
Yayyy! Happy Wednesday everybody, I hope you are all having a great day. My day was compeltely made and nothing could ruin it now 🙂
What is the best thing you have won from a giveaway?
What’s your favorite recipe?
My Cheesy Potato Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 32 oz package frozen potatoes
- 16 oz sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a 13″x9″ baking dish.
- In a large skilled over medium heat, saute’ onions until slightly caramelized.
- In a very large bowl, combine potatoes, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, and one cup of cheese. Mix well.
- Stir in onions, butter and all. Season with salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer potato mixture into baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 30 min. Remove pan from oven and carefully stir mixture. Top with the remaining cup of cheese and return to the oven for an additional 20-25 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.