I love personalizing my gifts to others and since it’s Mother’s Day I thought of the perfect gift to pamper all the sweet ladies in my life! A super easy home made sugar scrub that literally takes maybe 10 minutes to make. The ones I made were a lemon sugar scrub and a raspberry lemon sugar scrub. It’s a great way to spoil yourself or to spoil others, it makes a super cute gift.
Here are the ingredients
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 2-4 drops yellow or red food coloring depending on which batch you make
- 10-15 drops lemon essential oil or 10-15 drops raspberry extract, depending on which scent you want
- Melt coconut oil in microwave for 25-35 seconds until melted.
- Pour sugar into oil and mix. If too juicy, add small amount of sugar and mix.
- Add food coloring to make the color you desire.
- Add essential oils and extract drops (if you’re blending) to achieve the scent you want.
- (For lemon raspberry I used 10 drops lemon EO and 10 drops raspberry extract.)
- Store in air tight containers (I used small mason jars)
This recipe makes about 2-3 small cups of scrub. To make multiple if you’re doing gifts or batches then just double the recipe.
It turned out so cute and they work really well! I hope you enjoy 💕